• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

repo

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jason-mommy

I have a situation with ford credit and I need help ford just came today and picked my car because I was 2 months late on my car payment , I have been late before but almost managed to make my payments regardless, I am struggling a little bit but I always find ways to pay my car payment, I thought the laws for repo was 3 months if your behind on car payments. I am so confused about this situation I tried to call ford to get my car back and they are giving me the run around, I have 2 small children, one of my boys goes to school and I could not take him to school because they took my car my husband works during the day to try to keep up with all of our bills. My Question to anyone who knows what my rights are about repo I need help or advice? Would I be able to get my car back without having to pay the whole amount of the loan which is still about $8000.00? I can only try to make my next two payments right know is this possible? help!!!!

racer72

The car can be repossessed after you are only one day late on a payment, there is no mandated grace period provided by law. Lenders are being nice by waiting 2 months before repossessing the vehicle. Your rights are spelled out on the loan agreement you signed when you purchased the vehicle.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">