• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Repo help?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mepanp

What is the name of your state? TX

I have had a truck for almost 4 years...the last 6 months I have been late/slow pay due to hubby being unemployed. He is now working. My car financing company wants a half amonth plus a full month (what is past due) but I don't have it at the moment. I have told them that I could send it to them next Friday, the 8th of August but they say since it is 75 days past due, there is nothing they can do....it should have been set to repo 15 days ago. I have paid for 3 years good pay and have paid over $24K and owe $16K still. I understand their not wanting to work w/me but if they repo the vehicle they will not get what we owe on it and will end up losing too. They say I have made payment arrangements I haven't kept the past month or so but I have called and let them know the situation...I didn't have the money then....am I supposed to let my daughter have no lights or food? Do I have any recourse I can take or any kind of law that would prvent them from taking my only transportation to work? If this should be posted elsewhere pls let me knw...thanks in advance

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">