• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Repo: I was never contacted

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MPerryGP

Need help please Repo: never contacted

What is the name of your state? Texas

I cosigned a vehic for a "friend" about 2yrs ago. I just found out the vehic has been repossesed for some time now. The only reason I found out was because I was turnned down for a credit card and they listed the reposession as the reason. My credit would literaly be perfect if not for the repo. My so called "friend" never told me she was having problems paying and I was never contacted by the finance company either.
I called the finance company to ask why I was never contacted by them about this. I advised them if I knew the pymnts were not being made I would have taken possesion of the vehic and made the paymnts myself but I was never given the opportunity.They tell me they left several mesages for me at my home # with a female. I lived alone at the time they claimed they left me messages so I asked them what # they called. I told them it was definitley not the # I provided for them when I signed the contract. In fact I have no idea who's # it was. I asked what the females name was that supposedly took these messages for me and they told me they never asked. They also said they sent me a letter but it was returned to them undeliverable.
Is there anything I can do to dispute having to pay this loan and getting this off of my credit:confused::mad:

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">