• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Repo Laws

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J-n-McK'sMOM

KentuckyWhat is the name of your state?Kentucky
Due to my husband being laid off from work, we had a car repoed back in October. A couple months later the car was sold at auction and it only brought a small amount of money. After the repo fees were added on the balance was $50.00 more than what I originally owed at the time of repossession! I worked ouy a payment arrangement with the finance company to pay a lower monthly payment over the next 3 yrs. til the balance was paid off. I did this for a couple months but it just seems nearly impossible to keep doing this and pay my house payment considering we aren't anymore financially stable than we were 9 months ago. I am now 3 weeks behind on the payment and I spoke to a rep from the finance company today about this. He says they will not lower the payment and that if I can't pay the payment they're asking for or the balance in full they will have to turn it over to a collections agency or an attorney to take further actions. I guess it doesn't matter that from 2000 - 2004 I paid them a total of about $8,500.00 which was more than the car was actually worth! What CAN they do? Can they sue me for the balance? I really don't want to have to file bankruptcy!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">