• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

repo released, car is 200 miles away

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MalloryArizona

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Arizona

Car repo'd...paid arrears...the repo house is 200 miles away :eek: and only open 9-4 (M T TH F) . finance company said you can go get it or have them transprt it but I would have to pay transport fees and not to mention additional storage fees until I can figure this out. Have to work so I don't miss any more payments and can't really afford transprt fees. Can they just take your car anywhere and you have to figure out how to get it back?

S

seniorjudge

MalloryArizona said:

Car repo'd...paid arrears...the repo house is 200 miles away :eek: and only open 9-4 (M T TH F) . finance company said you can go get it or have them transprt it but I would have to pay transport fees and not to mention additional storage fees until I can figure this out. Have to work so I don't miss any more payments and can't really afford transprt fees. Can they just take your car anywhere and you have to figure out how to get it back?
Q: Can they just take your car anywhere and you have to figure out how to get it back?

A: I suspect the answer to that (which is YES) is in the terms of your note.

MalloryArizona

what in the note would indicate...?

the notice of intent says "you may redeem the collateral by paying the unpaid account plus any intrest and the cost of repossession. The cost of repossession includes expenses reasonably incurred by us in retaking, holding, and preparing collateral for disposition"

does taking my car 200 miles away fall under "reasonably incurred"?
I am in Tucson my car is in Phoenix. There are repo yards in tucson.

I really don't see anything in my contract that offers any more info.

MalloryArizona

AnyBody

:confused: any other ifo or resources to remedy?
MalloryArizona said:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">