• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Repo. threat due to verification failure

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

GlobalArizona

Arizona - Suckered into Ugly Duckling car through high-pressure sales. Told salesman I quit my job, he pushed it through anyway stating "We'll get it past 'em" and he filled out 90% of the application. Once they verified the info. (3 weeks later) they want to repo. the car. I've made substantial payments (45 days early) and am not dependent on a job for my finances. They say I'll loose my down pmt. & subsequent payments due to committing fraud. The salesman is no longer employed there. I've not been late w/payments (in fact, paid 30 days early). The salesman misrepresented the truth to the sales manager, but I signed the contract. Does my employment or income affect my ability to retain the car as long as I make timely payments ?Help please!

JETX

Sorry, but if you signed a contract knowing that facts were falsified, you have committed fraud. The fact that the salesman did it, or you did it, is not a defense to your signature.

I would try to talk with the lender and try to convince him that you will honor 'the deal'. Failing that, you are very probably going to lose the car.

Another lesson in life.

B

bethannm

just a thought, I don't know where you're at in AZ, but don't ever do business with Chapman Chandler Auto Center!!!!! I'm currently involved in a civil suit with them. Some real shady and unethical dealings going on there as well.
But live and learn( and pay for trusting) unfortunatly

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">