• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reporting a Company's Malpractices

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

CollDude

What is the name of your state? CA

There are sellers of overseas phone cards that will report "you have 59 minutes remaining" at the beginning of the call. However, I time it, the total talk time does not even go over 30 minutes. Is there a way to report to this to a government office or do I have to know as a consumer why I don't get my 59 minutes, such as hidden charges? If I can report them, do I have to make the necessary investigation or will the government office do that for me? My main point here is not to sue them, but to have the government fine them if ever they are employing unfair business practices.

Thanks.

C

CollDude

Just to add, this happens all the time with newly-bought phone cards.

C

CollDude

I don't think I expressed my query correctly. The company is based here in the US. Just like local companies such as Cingular, Sprint who also sell phone cards, they sell their cards here which can be used either to call locally or overseas. So yes, I don't think that they answer to an overseas government because they are running business here, just like Sprint provides overseas calling service, but they answer to American government not that of the country the caller calls.

JETX

Okay, lets try this...... if you have a phone card that advertises a certain number of minutes, then doesn't credit you with the correct quantity, that would be investigated by the FTC (Fair Trade Commission). Their website is at: http://www.ftc.gov/

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">