• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reposession

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ileececlark

:confused: What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TN
I am unemployed and my car payment is $416 there are some months that I am able to pay it and other months I pay as close as I can to it which is $300. Is the loan company able to reposess my car? I though that as long as I was paying something they would not be able to reposess it!

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
:confused: What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TN
I am unemployed and my car payment is $416 there are some months that I am able to pay it and other months I pay as close as I can to it which is $300. Is the loan company able to reposess my car? I though that as long as I was paying something they would not be able to reposess it!
Sure they can - you are behind in your payments.

divona2000

and the late fees, and interest on what you haven't paid, are eating up what little you have paid. You need to contact them now, find out just how far behind you are, discuss your options.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">