• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Repossesion of a Contract for Deed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

blackjackxxx

I live in downstate Illinois. I sold a boat to an individual on a 4 year Contact for deed. The individual still owes 9 Payments til fufillment of the contract. I still possess the Watercraft Certificate (Title). I have not received a payment in over 8 months and I intend to repossess the boat. What do I need to do to actually retake possession? I was tracking the payments on my computer and the hard drive crashed wiping the information. Would this be a case of my word against his? I have a signed agreement from the individual. Thank You for your help.

HomeGuru

Send a certified rrr letter to the landlubber stating that the contract is terminated for breach due to non-payment.If he files court action, he must prove through evidence, that payments were made.

B

blackjackxxx

Thank You

That's kinda what I thought. I was looking for some confirmation. Thanks for your help!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">