• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Repossession

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

corbandallas

What is the name of your state? WA

It has come to my attention recently that my car is in danger of being repossessed. I am not aware of the different per state laws concerning how these matters are to be dealt with but my understanding for my state is that they have to send you a notice before such action can be taken, also I understand that they cannot threaten you with arrest or harass you. Is this correct? They have been harassing my girlfriend and her family, even said that if I am found driving the car I will be arrested and they will report it stolen. I also have on my voice mail, which I have not deleted, stating that if I want them to stop from filing a warrant for my arrest that I have 45 minutes to do so, is this in breach of any of my rights? Not to mention that they have also called numerouse times after 10pm and have been asked by my girlfriend to stop harassing her and her family and that it is between me and them... Any help would be greatly appereciated!

Thank you!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">