• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

restocking fee

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

den11411

What is the name of your state? Illinois
I bought a bedroom set at a furniture store on on the 7th and it is not going to be delivered for another week. I decided that I do not want the furniture because of the bad customer service I received after the purchase, concerning status of my order, reaching my salesperson and acquiring a delivery date.

Anyway, I signed a contract to order the furniture. In the contract it says I have to pay a 20% restocking fee on returns for ordered furniture. Do I have to pay the restocking fee even though I have not received the furniture?

JETX

"Do I have to pay the restocking fee even though I have not received the furniture?"
Yes. The furniture store orderd from their supplier based on your order to them. And since that order was placed, they would have to pay to cancel the order.... if it was possible at this late date. The restocking fee is used to allow the store to recover their costs incurred with your order.... and to help you abide by your purchase agreement. It has nothing to do with delivery.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">