• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Restoration Company

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

peppylady51

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

My grandfather had a flood in his home and hired this restoration company to restore is house. My grandfather gave them his insurance check the company took the check cashed it and never finished the job and now they are in bankruptcy. They haven't worked on the house in four months Is there something he can do? He is 95 years old he can't go back and live in his house because it is unfinished. He is staying with me but in reality he is homeless. What should he do?

justalayman

Have they closed the business or just restructuring? If they closed, all grandpa can do is file as a creditor in the BK proceedings. Doubtful he will get anything.

If they are still operational, he needs to file as a creditor and speak with the BK trustee to see if he can get the job finished.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">