• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Retail Installment Contracts

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dianestamps

utah

if a seller on an original retail installment contract has gone out of business and the contract for the goods and services was sold to more than one company, does that make it null and void?

my husband in July of 1999 signed a contract to purchase a computer through the seller (american premier holdings) and the company that financed the computer was (db financial).

i just learned that american premier holdings is out of business. and whenever the contract (which was set up originally to be taken out automatically from my checking account on first of every month) which stopped when another finance company took over the payments. each and every time that the contract was sold or given to someone else, we were never informed in writing until a month after the fact.
we have been paying $85.58 every month except for the months that we did not know it was sold to a second, then a third, and now, a fourth company.

we have been harrassed by the 3rd and 4th companies since they have taken over. what can we do legally? do we have a case?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">