• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Retail Question; please help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

ThnksForTheHelp

What is the name of your state? California

Hi, I'm hoping someone will be able to answer this question. I bought a product from a store, and returned the next day to pick it up. A few weeks later, I received a call from the store saying that I needed to pick the item up. I told them to cancel the order. Two days later, someone else called and told me that I have a credit on file, so I could either pick up the item, or come get my money. I struggled with what to do, but never went to get the money. About 2 months later, I was in the store purchasing something else. I was curious if I still had a credit on account and asked the clerk to look it up. He did and found a store credit of $300, and told me he would need my card to turn the credit into a return on my card. So I gave him my card, and he transferred the store credit onto my credit card. About two weeks later, the store called and told me there was a mistake, and they want their money back. Do I have to give it to them? Can this hurt me in any way if I don't return the money? I would really appreciate an answer, thank you.

Taylor

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">