• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Retailer refusing to provide refund URGENT ISSUE UK

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

demsville

In short, I’m having an issue with a retailer in regard to a purchased TV. I bought the TV under a year ago and three weeks ago it developed a fault, it was still under the manufacturer guarantee and my extended 5 year guarantee. so with this guarantee I contacted the manufacturer to which they attempted to repair it, after three repairs the TV has been deemed as beyond economical repair and I was told to contact the retailer.

After contacting the retailer, I was told it is their store policy not to offer a refund and I would either have to have an exchange for a different TV or credit for use on their store and I myself would have to pay £37 to pay for them to collect the faulty TV. I do not understand why I am unable to get a full refund for a product that is deemed faulty and beyond economical repair and have to pay £37 to send their faulty product back to them when none of this is my fault and is covered by the warranty, any help would be fantastic!

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
This forum is for US law only.

ETA: Here in the US, your questions about why you are required to do something would be explained in the warranty.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">