• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Return the deposit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

madaboutlaw

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Ohio
I put down $50.00 to hold a vehicle on a Thursday evening, got a receipt for the $50.00 which states on it the vehicle in question. I signed a contract and in this contract was included a 50/50 warranty on the vehicle. I was to return to the used car lot on the following Saturday to get the vehicle. I get there, no car. The salesman informs me that when they sent the car out to get the radio fixed, they discovered that the overdrive was not working and he proceeded to show me another vehicle. I did not want that vehicle. This happened 2/17/05 and I have been trying to get the $50.00 back ever since. I contacted the salesperson whose name is on the receipt and he stated that the man who wrote the checks was not in and he would get back with me. A week later, I call again. He takes my name and telephone number for the guy who writes checks to call me back. When he does, he states that they called me to come back in and look at a van and I didn't come in. He advised me that it would cost me $50.00 to file in small claims court and to do so. I called the "Call For Action" team here and told them what happened. The person called the car lot, spoke with the salesperson whose name is on my receipt and he told her that there are signs posted stating that if a deposit is put down on a vehicle and the person does not take ownership of the vehicle, then they lose their deposit. #1) There were no such signs. #2) When I went back to the lot to put the rest of the money down on the car to take possession, it was not on the lot. I need help. I don't have money to just hand over to people.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">