• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Return policy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

baileyco

What is the name of your state? Colorado.
My husband purchased, with a credit card, a pair of diamond earrings on 12/18. He returned them on 12/20 & decided to buy me something else. This company had posted on their website that items can be returned within 10 days. The owner would not credit him & said the receipt says no refunds. My husband handed the owner the earrings & left the store. He was going to dispute the charge with the credit card company. Of course the cc comapny said that this is a legal problem and they will not get involved.
I was wondering if Colorado 3 day rescission laws are in effect here & does this store owner have to honor our return due to his advertisement on the web site?? Why wouldnt we be able to return an item within 2 days with a receipt???What is the name of your state?

JETX

I was wondering if Colorado 3 day rescission laws are in effect here
No.

does this store owner have to honor our return due to his advertisement on the web site??
That depends ENTIRELY on the specifics of his website... and whether your 'in store' purchase qualifies for the ONLINE statement.

Why wouldnt we be able to return an item within 2 days with a receipt?
Because there is no statutory obligation for the merchant to offer any refund at all.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">