• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

return policy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CarolEvans

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Delaware

I purchased a demo scooter from a small car company. The owner was a in a real hurry, gave me a hand written receipt and took my money. He told me to come back the next day to fill out the paperwork.

After we got the scooter home, we realized that there was damage to part of it. I called him the next day and told him I wanted to return it. He said no, he would not return the scooter. There is not a return policy stated on my receipt. There is also not one posted at his business. What can I do?

swalsh411

He was probably "in a hurry" because he did not want you to take the time to carefully look over the scooter and find the damage. You should not have let him pressure you into a sale before you examined it closely. By paying for the product you agreed that it was satisfactory and you have no right to a return unless that was agreed upon ahead of time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">