• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

return shipping charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dgangstee

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? CA.

I bought an item via the internet (their website) from a company located in Camarillo, Ca. (Los Angeles County, CA) The item was delivered to my home in Rosamond (Kern County, CA) by trucking company. The item was defective. I asked the seller by telephone to return the item and give my money back. Seller agreed to pick up the item however the seller dragged their feet so long in doing this that I finally had to charge back my CC through my bank. Seller eventually (almost a year later) had a trucking company pick up the item from my home in Rosamond (Kern county CA.). Now the trucking company (Maryland) is billing me for the freight charge because the seller does not accept responsability for the return freight. I have not yet paid the trucking company as I did not hire them to pick up the item, the seller hired them. The trucking company is threating me with bad credit and collection. Can I sue to make the unpaid debt go away?, Who would I sue? seller and/or trucking company? Is Kern County, CA where I live and received/returned the item the correct venu or do I have to file in the sellers county? Thanks everyone.

divgradcurl

dgangstee said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? CA.

I bought an item via the internet (their website) from a company located in Camarillo, Ca. (Los Angeles County, CA) The item was delivered to my home in Rosamond (Kern County, CA) by trucking company. The item was defective. I asked the seller by telephone to return the item and give my money back. Seller agreed to pick up the item however the seller dragged their feet so long in doing this that I finally had to charge back my CC through my bank. Seller eventually (almost a year later) had a trucking company pick up the item from my home in Rosamond (Kern county CA.). Now the trucking company (Maryland) is billing me for the freight charge because the seller does not accept responsability for the return freight. I have not yet paid the trucking company as I did not hire them to pick up the item, the seller hired them. The trucking company is threating me with bad credit and collection. Can I sue to make the unpaid debt go away?, Who would I sue? seller and/or trucking company? Is Kern County, CA where I live and received/returned the item the correct venu or do I have to file in the sellers county? Thanks everyone.

In order to protect your credit, you'll want to pay the trucking company, then sue the seller for what you need to pay the shipping company.

Correct venue would most likely be the seller's county. However, if you are in Rosamond, you could file in Lancaster, that's in LA county and only 20 minutes or so away...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">