• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Returned a car, now on my credit, How do I get it off?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sashbarn

UT, we bought a car on sat. night. we brought it back on mon. because we noticed it had problems with the trans. and because the dealer had lied to us about several things including that it had a 50,000 mile warenty on it, the main reason we bought it. They also didn't sign the sale of contract nor were they able to get us financed as signed on contract. We stopped payment on our down payment check and took the car back. He threw lies and threats at us for about 2 hours. They put the $500 deposit to collections and now it is on our credit and looks really bad now that we are trying to buy a house. We have tried talking to him and he is very dif. to work with. He said he would call the collection agency and take it off but didn't. What can we do???? I know he is breaking several laws but how do we procecute him and get it off when it only involves $500, the legal fee for a day in court? What are our options? We really don't want to pay it because we need that money for downpayment on a new house and we shouldn't have to.

[Edited by sashbarn on 06-22-2001 at 01:00 PM]

M

mugwump

For starters, you should contact the better business bureau. Also try to contact anyone above these people you're trying to deal with.

S

sashbarn

Unfortunatly I have done both. The better buisness bureau gave me no responce and he is the owner so there is no one higher than him. Is there some kind of agency that can procecute him for what he is doing to me?

crusheroz

Hello! I think it takes the BBB awhile to get back with you on things. It took me 6 weeks to get answer back from them. But anyway try the Dealer Licensing Bureau. They should be able too help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">