• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

returns

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

CROOMRIDER

What is the name of your state? florida am i responsible for refunding this i did not imply i offered refund on this item sorry couldnt figure how to attach ebay item 3301237319

racer72

You don't give much info but from what I can tell, you sold a 1921 dollar coin for $899 and now the buyer wants to back out of the deal? Your ad does not specify a return policy, does any of your correspondance with the buyer? I checked the buyer's rating and the person buys a lot of coins through Ebay so they obviously knew what they were buying. Do they give a reason for wanting a refund? Sorry about all the questions but the info is needed to answer your question.

C

CROOMRIDER

re:coin

his reason for return was that he thought it had to many bag marks wasnt an ms66 i didnt grade

C

CROOMRIDER

correspondence said no returns he posted negitive feedback also i was mean at one point and noe he says when he gets his money back hell send the coin

C

CROOMRIDER

after getting tired of dealing with this individual i told him send it back and i would refund his money minus shipping and listing fees wants money first being real butthead

racer72

Tell him his money will be refunded upon receipt of the coin. He may be trying to pull a switcheroo on you.

JETX

"but do i have to refund this"
** My opinion: Yes.

Here is why:
Your ebay post says, "WE OFFER A MONEY BACK GUARANTEE IF YOU ARE NOT COMPLETELY SATISFIED ON MOST ITEMS SEE ITEM"
There is nothing in the text of your post itself to show that this item is excluded from your guarantee, and therefore, the risk of misinterpretation falls on you.

If this item was NOT covered under the warranty, you had an obligation to say so.... or to not put the claim in the ad.

My suggestion:
Contact the seller and negotiate a split of escrow fees (if he/she refuses, you pay them). You send your payment to the escrow firm. Have buyer send item to you. You inspect item. If as shipped, escrow firm releases payment. Do NOT do it any other way.... far too much risk of being scammed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">