• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

right to rescission

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sbrinker

I applied for a home equity loan several weeks ago. The mortagage co. sent me the documents to be signed and sent back. I received the documents, signed themm and sent them back. On the same day that I sent documents to them I decided to change my loan amount so I called the mortage co to change the amount. The co changed the mortgage amount and said we will send you a new set of documents for your signature. I received the new documents and I decided not to go through with the contract and I want to use my right to rescission. I signed the right to rescission document contained within the document package and sent it to them within the time allocataed (3 days). Am I liable for any of this? The right to rescission contract says that all costs will be waived witin this rescission period. Is this still applicable?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">