• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rocks

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mert14

Broomall, PA

I ord. 12 ton of 3/4" crushed bluestone rock from a rock dealer for a shed foundation. I asked him how much a single axle dump could hold (9 tons max) and how much a tandem axle (12 tons) could hold. I said, "So I will need a tandem axle, correct". He said, "yes". He showed up w/ a single axle and charged me for 12 ton. RATE: $15/ton and a $50 flat rate delivery charge reguarless of the amout that you order, total $243.80. After a lot of research, there is no single axle truck that can hold 12 ton. I told him this, called the Dept. of Units of Weights and Measures, and he sent me my check back and told me to pay him for the "stone that I think I got". I have to pay a new delivery fee ($40) from another distributer, and pay $16.50/ton. When I write him a new check for 9 ton ($135) of stone "I think I got", should I subtract the new delivery charge ($40) from the ($50) he charged me. Since he did give me all the product and I had to pay another company a new delivery charge, I feel that I should'nt have to pay him the full delivery charge.:confused:

Any feedback, pos. or neg. would be appreciated.

HomeGuru

mert14 said:
Broomall, PA

I ord. 12 ton of 3/4" crushed bluestone rock from a rock dealer for a shed foundation. I asked him how much a single axle dump could hold (9 tons max) and how much a tandem axle (12 tons) could hold. I said, "So I will need a tandem axle, correct". He said, "yes". He showed up w/ a single axle and charged me for 12 ton. RATE: $15/ton and a $50 flat rate delivery charge reguarless of the amout that you order, total $243.80. After a lot of research, there is no single axle truck that can hold 12 ton. I told him this, called the Dept. of Units of Weights and Measures, and he sent me my check back and told me to pay him for the "stone that I think I got". I have to pay a new delivery fee ($40) from another distributer, and pay $16.50/ton. When I write him a new check for 9 ton ($135) of stone "I think I got", should I subtract the new delivery charge ($40) from the ($50) he charged me. Since he did give me all the product and I had to pay another company a new delivery charge, I feel that I should'nt have to pay him the full delivery charge.:confused:

Any feedback, pos. or neg. would be appreciated.
**A: you can, or pay for the stone and $25 for trucking.

signed,
The Rock

S

straightup

you could, but it would only sour relations b/t you and single axle. i'd pay single axle $50 plus 9 tons of rock. you don't have a service agreement in writing with single axle and according to you, he delivered every ounce he could. i'd eat it this time and if you are one of his customers, chances are your understanding will reap you some slack on a future purchase or delivery, as opposed to gouge

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">