• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rogers didn't cancel my internet

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

freeadvice01

(Canada, Ontario)

I'm switching my cable internet to a different provider so I called Rogers to cancel my account.

Two weeks later I find out they didn't cancel my account.

I'm going to call Rogers again tomorrow and record the call this time.

But I also want to threaten legal action and SAY I recorded the call the first time, in the hopes that it will scare them into giving me the original cancellation date.

I was in a contract with an exit fee but the representative explained that to me and I agreed to pay it.

What hot water could threatening legal action get me into, assuming I didn't record the first call?

What legal terms could I use in my argument? ex: you violated such and such...

Worst case scenario I have to use Rogers for another month of internet but I will have the cacellation call recorded this time.

Thanks

Proserpina

(Canada, Ontario)

I'm switching my cable internet to a different provider so I called Rogers to cancel my account.

Two weeks later I find out they didn't cancel my account.

I'm going to call Rogers again tomorrow and record the call this time.

But I also want to threaten legal action and SAY I recorded the call the first time, in the hopes that it will scare them into giving me the original cancellation date.

I was in a contract with an exit fee but the representative explained that to me and I agreed to pay it.

What hot water could threatening legal action get me into, assuming I didn't record the first call?

What legal terms could I use in my argument? ex: you violated such and such...

Worst case scenario I have to use Rogers for another month of internet but I will have the cacellation call recorded this time.

Thanks

Sorry, the forum deals with US law only.

Try here:

http://legal.advicescene.com/ca

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">