• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

room addtion takes to long

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Big D

We hired a contractor in nov. 2000 to add 2 rooms onto our house. He told us it would be a 5-6 week job. He would not put it into writing for a completion date because we did not know how bad of a winter we would have. O.K. Now it is May of 2001 (6 months later) we are still waiting for him to come back and fix our new bath tub, which he installed in the project, in which his men cut a 16 inch slice into it with a utility knife while cutting insulation back in Feb. He has promised and promised that this would be repaired and still it has not. He has made 2 dates each of the last 3 months (6 dates total) to be here and has never showed. I call and call him but nothing gets done about it. Can I charge him a dollar amount everyday he don't show or have someone tear out the damaged tub and replace it and send him the bill. What recourse do I have? I am very upset of the 6 week job turning past 6 months. The contractor thinks if he don't contact me I'll forget it, he is very wrong.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">