• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

royalties for appearing on the news

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jspuddin4u

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? nevada i would like to know if there is any truth about recieving some kind of payment or royalties for appearing on the news in las vegas nevada ?Someone told me that they heard something about if you appear on the news in nevada that you are entideled to royalites please let me know anything about this ,thank you judy

cyjeff

In most cases, that waiver you signed specifically states that you gave up your rights to royalties.

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? nevada i would like to know if there is any truth about recieving some kind of payment or royalties for appearing on the news in las vegas nevada ?Someone told me that they heard something about if you appear on the news in nevada that you are entideled to royalites please let me know anything about this ,thank you judy
You sound just like my husband's money-hungry ex wife.:cool:

pattytx

It's the news, for heaven's sake.

I doubt very seriously you're going to get royalties or even be asked to sign a waiver if you're doing the perp walk. :p

justalayman

Not in Nevada but I have been in the newspaper several times and on the news at least once. I was never asked to sign a waiver nor was I offered compensation.

Generally speaking, if you were "in the public" they can record you and put you on the news. When asked to do an interview, they typically state, this is Norm Newscaster and we are here with FUTV (fun unlimited:D). Would you mind doing an interview for tonights new on FUTV?

If you do the interview, since there was no contract to pay you, you gave them implied permission to use you in the FUTV news.

HomeGuru

**A: think about it for a moment. If what you say it true, can you imagine the money these criminals getting arrested and appearing on the news would get. Even the cops too.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">