• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rude and Unsanitary Tattoo Artist

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

Iroc24

Pennsylvania

The other day, my friend received her first tattoo. Throughout the process, the tattoo artist constantly made comments about how she was wimpy for saying it hurts. He made other comments that if she continued to talk about the pain, the tattoo might end up wrong.
I also noticed that he didn’t seem very sanitary. When he was pouring the ink, he wasn’t wearing gloves. And he didn’t wipe up when he spilled. As he was starting, he asked me to pass him a towel to wipe the blood. He did use sterile needles and wore gloves while tattooing, but was that enough?
Is there anything my friend can do to make sure that he was sanitary during the process and that she won’t get sick from it? Is there someone we can contact to “check up” on his shop and make sure that he is up to safety standards and such? Does his behavior alone give my friend something that she could take him to court for? If not for money, so at least he’ll be stopped from this happening to someone else too? Thank you.

HomeGuru

Iroc24 said:
Pennsylvania

The other day, my friend received her first tattoo. Throughout the process, the tattoo artist constantly made comments about how she was wimpy for saying it hurts. He made other comments that if she continued to talk about the pain, the tattoo might end up wrong.
I also noticed that he didn’t seem very sanitary. When he was pouring the ink, he wasn’t wearing gloves. And he didn’t wipe up when he spilled. As he was starting, he asked me to pass him a towel to wipe the blood. He did use sterile needles and wore gloves while tattooing, but was that enough?
Is there anything my friend can do to make sure that he was sanitary during the process and that she won’t get sick from it? Is there someone we can contact to “check up” on his shop and make sure that he is up to safety standards and such? Does his behavior alone give my friend something that she could take him to court for? If not for money, so at least he’ll be stopped from this happening to someone else too? Thank you.
**A: you guys are idiots and should have walked out from the start. What did your friend get as a tatoo? The word idiot?

All of this could have been avoided if you would have researched this "artist". Maybe made a few visits prior, to see what his practices were. Or talked to some of the people that have had some "art" done by him.

Tell your friend to go have her tat checked out by a doctor.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">