• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

runaround with a consignment shop..PLEASE HELP

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ncmommy

i am in north carolina.. this is what is going on..
i dropped all of my baby clothes off at a consignment shop in late june. since then there has been a lady on facebook saying that the owner of the shop refused to give her things back and any money . well at the begining of october the owner moved her shop to a local flea market . i have been asking her since september if i could get my money from the things that she had sold and she said it had to be $20 or more before she could cash it out so i waited a few weeks and now everytime we schedule a meeting to get my money some thing comes up on her end and so i told her i needed my items that were left and the money and she keeps canceling on me. i seen on facebook that she has done this to numerous people and there was alot of people some of them her family members saying that she never planned on giving anyones money back or their clothes.. im not a very confrontational person but i am a single mother and all my extra cash comes from selling my daughter clothes she doesnt wear anymore so i need that money to care for my child what can i do leagally to get my things and money back..

Mass_Shyster

i am in north carolina.. this is what is going on..
i dropped all of my baby clothes off at a consignment shop in late june. since then there has been a lady on facebook saying that the owner of the shop refused to give her things back and any money . well at the begining of october the owner moved her shop to a local flea market . i have been asking her since september if i could get my money from the things that she had sold and she said it had to be $20 or more before she could cash it out so i waited a few weeks and now everytime we schedule a meeting to get my money some thing comes up on her end and so i told her i needed my items that were left and the money and she keeps canceling on me. i seen on facebook that she has done this to numerous people and there was alot of people some of them her family members saying that she never planned on giving anyones money back or their clothes.. im not a very confrontational person but i am a single mother and all my extra cash comes from selling my daughter clothes she doesnt wear anymore so i need that money to care for my child what can i do leagally to get my things and money back..
Send her a letter demanding the immediate return of your property, and immediate payment for the property she sold.

If she does not comply, sue her.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">