• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

RV with mold

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

leighmc77

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WI

I don't know if this is the right forum for this question so I apologize if it isn't...

My husband and I bought a used RV from a private seller 2 days ago. We knew that there had been a leak in the front of the RV that did cause some water damage. We got a great price for the RV so we figured we would fix it ourselves.

Last night, we were in the RV doing some cleaning and my husband noticed in the back bedroom in a cabinet above the bed that there is a bunch of mold on the wall.

Do we have any legal rights to get our money back for this camper since we were aware of water damage in the front of the RV but now mold was found in the back of the RV that we weren't told about?

This is a older RV it is a 1991 so we didn't expect it to be perfect, but we didn't expect to deal with mold either.

Thank you for your time,
leighmc77

swalsh411

Short Answer: No

If the mold damage was such that it was discovered during a cleaning then it would have been discovered during the thorough inspection that should have occurred prior to purchase. Unless the seller offered any sort of warranty of guarantee (highly unlikely for a 20 year old RV) then it was as-is and you are not entitled to any refund.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">