• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

safetouch security contract signed by employee

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sandmail101

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

I own a small business and i had safetouch security install a security system. i paid 900.00 up front for a 3 year contract that incl. installation and 3 years of monitoring service. after 3 years they started sending me a bill for monitoring - i contacted them to tell them i didn't want the service any longer - they continued to send me bills i contacted them 3 times later to be told that i signed a contract that would renew automatically for an add'l 2 years unless i contacted them 60 days prior to the end of the 3 years. i had them send me the contract,which was signed by an employee of mine. since i never signed this contract, am i still liable? they have now sent it to a collection agency and are charging $1149.00

Isis1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

I own a small business and i had safetouch security install a security system. i paid 900.00 up front for a 3 year contract that incl. installation and 3 years of monitoring service. after 3 years they started sending me a bill for monitoring - i contacted them to tell them i didn't want the service any longer - they continued to send me bills i contacted them 3 times later to be told that i signed a contract that would renew automatically for an add'l 2 years unless i contacted them 60 days prior to the end of the 3 years. i had them send me the contract,which was signed by an employee of mine. since i never signed this contract, am i still liable? they have now sent it to a collection agency and are charging $1149.00
was the employee acting as your behalf?

sandmail101

i do not remember giving her permission to do so and i don't remember getting a copy of this contract until they sent it to me when i requested it a couple of weeks ago

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I think it was fairly clear that the "Assistant Manager" had apparent authority to sign the document. Furthermore, you used the services provided per that contract for THREE YEARS.

sandmail101

how do you say it was "fairly clear" that the asst mgr. had authority to sign the contract. and also i paid 900.00 for the 3 year contract which included monitoring service.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">