• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sale of vehicle from US to Canada

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jalbert

I am in Wisconsin. I would like to sell a motorcycle to a Canadian Citizen. However, there is the 72 hour holding for Canada Border regulations to do some research on the motorcycle first. The person that is interested in the bike, would like me to FAX a copy of a bill of sale and a copy of the title to him, or the border, so that the research can be done before they take the bike back to Canada.
If I FAX him those things with my signature on them, can he claim the bike is his, and legally have claim to it?
In the bill of sale I have made up, it states that "ownership does not take place untill payment is made in full and funds have cleared financial institutions". Does this help me?
Or, is it just a bad idea?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">