• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Salesman In Binding Contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

phuongt

Hi, I'm from California.

I recently entered into a contract with a sales associate from a Sprint PCS phone booth saying that basically if i joined a coverage plan over $40 i would be entitled to an extra 250 minutes. There was a written contract in which i signed and the associate signed. I was a little suspicious for the contract looked a little unprofessionallly done, but i signed it anyway. So it turns out that Sprint never had that offer and the guy was just lying so that i would join the service. Can i sue for a breach of contract? Is this sales associate authorized to enter into binding contracts that represent Sprint PCS?

Phuong

L

lawrat

contact sprint and you tell them what happened. speak with a supervisor. explain what you want and see if they can give this to you now and in return you will stay with them. then make sure this guy's license is yanked. call the bbb

P

phuongt

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I have contacted Sprint before and they said that they would not be able to honor contract since the sales associate did not have their permission, and i did speak to a "senior" supervisor. Usually, I wouldn't have a problem, but they have already charged me for the $40 dollars and refuse to negociate. Now, the guy doesn't work there anymore because i went back to find him, and he wasn't there. I've yet to contact the bbb. I guess my ultimate question still is whether or not Sprint is responsible for this guy's action since he is or was an employee. Does he represent Sprint at the time of the contract? Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">