• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Samsung Home Theater Warrant/Support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ctsaustin

I live in Texas.

I purchased a home theater system on 12/27/09. It came with a 90 day parts and labor warranty. I immediately starting having issues. I placed my first call to Samsung on 1/10. The issue was temporarily remedied. The problem started occurding again in early March. I called on 3/5 and 3/6. On 3/6, Samsung agreed the unit needed to be sent back for repair. When the unit was returned to me in late March, there were still problems. On 3/31, I spoke with Samsung. They advised the unit would need to be returned again for service. If the second repair did not correct it, they would replace the unit. I received the unit yesterday after the second repair, the problem was not fixed. I called Samsung today, they advised they could replace but I would be responsible for a $160.50. They advised I'm now outside of my 90 day warranty. I argued that problems were reported well within 90 days and repair attempts started accordingly. They advised I'm now outside of warrantly. Why doesn't the 90 day warranty apply to when problem was first reported? Unsuccessful repair attempts pushed me past the 90 days and now I have to pay?

justalayman

were the problems it was having when it was returned to you in late March the same problem is was sent in for?

JETX

They advised I'm now outside of warrantly. Why doesn't the 90 day warranty apply to when problem was first reported? Unsuccessful repair attempts pushed me past the 90 days and now I have to pay?
Not necessarily.

I suggest you READ and then forward the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act to them.
One of the provisions of this FEDERAL law is that if a complaint is made under warranty... and the identical complaint is not repaired by the time the 'offered' warranty expires, that warranty is extended until the reported complaint is remedied. (15 USC § 2301 et seq)

A copy online can be found at:
United States Code: Title 15,2301. Definitions | LII / Legal Information Institute

BL

If you do not get satisfaction citing the law to them in writing ,then file a complain with you local Office Of Attorney Generals' - consumer affairs .

Be sure to include ( Copies ) and a break down of what occurred , including the first date of complaint .

Be aggressively assertive with any Rep. from the Company that may call or write you .

justalayman

It was the same problem they attempted to repair in early March.
then they are wrong. The problem is getting them to accept that with as little effort (as in money spent) as possible.

the other two gave you a lot to get you on your way. No sense is repeating them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">