• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sanctity of Online Financial Transactions & Obligations of the Financial Institution

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PJ99

Sanctity of Online Financial Transactions & Obligations of the Financial Institution

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? - Arizona

I am based out of Arizona. One of my banks is ICICI, an Indian bank headquartered at Mumbai India. Recently I found out that the bank executed two transactions on my behalf that I had attempted but the bank's online system had told me that the transactions were failed.

Now I am in a situation where the money is taken out of my account and I want it back.

The account was opened when I was in India. But I used the online system from Arizona while it failed and ICICI wrongly executed the failed transactions.

ICICI is now refusing any ownership and are refusing to rollback the transactions unconditionally.

I wonder if I have any chance of suing them in US courts for this breach of trust and refusal to repay my money unconditionally.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Does the bank in question have any physical presence in your state...or in the US?

racer72

Does the bank in question have any physical presence in your state...or in the US?
Nope. It is not registered with the FDIC and a check of the bank's website shows it is in India only. Looks like the OP will have to take a road trip if he wants to sue.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">