• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Satellite Dish contract problem

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jazmin6797

Ohio I ordered online Dish Network service and a company called VMC Satellite came out to install it. When i ordered it online, it stated "no committment". This purchase was made on 3/24/04. Since that time my husband fell extremely ill and was in the hospital for long periods of time. He was out of work so we had trouble keeping all of our bills paid, and this is one bill that we were behind on. They cancelled our service in August of 2004 due to non-payment. We then paid Dish Network in full because they took the money out of our account and overdrafted it, which they would not correct even though the grace period of time after our cancellation was effective was not yet met so they were not supposed to have taken the money out until that time. Now i just received a collection letter from a collection agency stating that we owe another $390 to VMC Satellite for the disconnection of the service, stating that we had a 12 month contract with them. Nowhere on the papers that I printed out from online, nor on any of the information that I signed when the installer was here, did it state anything about a 12 month contract. I called VMC Satellite and they stated that it is on their website under Terms and Conditions. I just visited the website again and when you go through the purchase of the installation it does not take you to the terms and conditions and you do not have to check that you understand them. I believe this is fraudulent in the fact that they are advertising "no committment" when in fact there is a committment with the Satellite company that only installs the dish. I hope someone can help me to figure out if this is legal or not.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">