• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Scam

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

StraightAce

What is the name of your state? MO

I have a wired money to a person from Dimock, PA. He was supposed to send the products and never did. He has done this to others from different states as I have found out on other websites. My question is: How do I/we prosecute so we can stop this person from scamming other trusting people.

Regards

djohnson

It will be more costly and time consuming than it is probably worth. Likely he knows that and that is why he keeps getting by with it. First you are dealing with different states and different states laws. Then you would have to travel to him to file and be there for every court action taken. You would have to hire an attorney. You would be out and still not have a guarantee that you could prove your case. Probably not likely.

B

badtenant

NO you LEARN from this lesson:

NEVER Western Union anybody any money UNLESS its FAMILY! Or someone you KNOW WELL.

Remember this and you wont get scammed again.

Honest people can wait a few days for the money order!

>>>>>>Plus you will have an address the Post office or police can check in case you get scammed.

S

StraightAce

Fraud/Theft

Hey djohnson,
Do you mean that stealing and deceipt is legal in some states and not in in others. I thought that it was pretty cut and dry. He got the money and no product was returned - what do you call that? I really don't care even if I was taken for a mere 10 cents - It's just the principle of the thing.
So, I filed a complaint form to the Attorney General of PA and have the others do the same against this low-life. I don't really care if he gets slapped for 5 bucks as long as he knows that he's not going to get away easily with his scamming ways.

thanks all for the response...

djohnson

You can do what ever you feel necessary. Because there is different states involved it will be hard for any of them to do anything about it. See ask yourself exactly what state did the crime take place in? If you don't understand that different states have different laws and you are dealing with more than one state then I can see how you got scammed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">