• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Scammed by Plumbers...$6000

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

msg0617

I live in Illinois...about 7 miles outside of Chicago.
This story is so long...I'm not sure how to sum it up on here.
Last October (2008) I encountered some plumbing problems in my home. I am a 26 year old woman who lives alone. No plumbing company I knew and trusted to call.
The first job seemed legitimate...an estimate was written for 2400 and the work was done.
Upon completion of the first job, I was told a second area of piping needed to be replaced for $2800. They said they used a camera and drew me a picture of the area.
Long story short...
1. They charged my credit card for the second job prior to even starting it.
2. The picture drawn was bogus, the second area worked on was not the area shown in drawing.
3. Based on another plumbing companies professional opinion, no camera was ever used therefore causing me to doubt the integrity of the entire job (the first and second) because the very first estimate claims that a camera was used to look at my piping.
4. After months of collecting artifacts, Ive finally obtained a letter from another plumbing company stating that it is their professional opinion that the second job was not necessary.

Im a teacher. I dont even know how to find a lawyer. I have no money. But I have all these documents organized beautifully. My artifacts are labeled and attached to a letter explaining the entire situation.
Im struggling to make ends meet and I want my money back.
What should I do?

BL

Check with the small claims clerk , to sue .

Your written letter on the other Co.'s letterhead might suffice ,or you may have to subpoena the professional that wrote it into court .

Again check with the small claims court clerk.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">