• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

School Contract(Installment Payment Agreement)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Proxy1

What is the name of your state (Virginia)

I enrolled in an online school that allowed tuition to be paid in monthly installments. It was a self-paced program although the school allowed up to 12 months to complete the program. I completed the program in 8 months. When it was time for the final exam, the school would not allow me the take final exam because there was an outstanding balance. This was the first time I had heard this. The school enrollment agreement did not state this nor did the school catalog state that this was a condition for taking the exam. There was never any agreement, oral or written, as to when balances would need to be paid. Because of this, I thought that I had 12 months to pay the balance. The school had my credit card number and was deducting the payments on a monthly basis. There was an agreed upon date that payment would be deducted as well as the monthly amount. I could have understood if the certificate for completion had been withheld pending payment of outstanding balances but not withholding the final exam. I need an opinion as to whether the school had a legal right to enforce a term/condition to an agreement when the term/condition was not make known in advance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">