+ Reply to Thread
    Cayuga26 is offline Junior Member

Sears master protection agreement

Virginia, I had apprx. 1 mth to go on my Maste rprotection agree, and I needed a repair on my Sears washer, (repairman was not able to fix on 2 separate visits). I was told that I would have 90 days past my agreement to fix washer. My washer was not fixed within 30 days. My agreement expired. Sears continued to try and repair my machine. I was contacted by Sears to buy an additional extension on my expired agreement, I paid by Visa via phone. I was told I would not miss any coverage. My agreement has a "lemon law" clause. It states that if I have 4 or more repairs, I am entitled to a replacement. I tried to invoke the lemon law clause, the sears rep verbally agreed to replace my washer. Several days later, another sears rep told me that a mistake had been made, (rep was wrong by telling me that I could have a replacement) and that now, I do not warrant a new machine. I was told that since my original agree had expired, the "new" extended agree would have to start all over again, and that I would now need 4 more repairs. Sears told me that my original, and still ongoing complaint with my washer were covered for 90 days from the first visit, but that my Master protection agreement was a separate issue? Do I have any recourse? My washer has not worked since July 2007. I pd over $1000 in 2002 Thank you!What is the name of your state?
    BL
    BL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cayuga26 View Post
    Virginia, I had apprx. 1 mth to go on my Maste rprotection agree, and I needed a repair on my Sears washer, (repairman was not able to fix on 2 separate visits). I was told that I would have 90 days past my agreement to fix washer. My washer was not fixed within 30 days. My agreement expired. Sears continued to try and repair my machine. I was contacted by Sears to buy an additional extension on my expired agreement, I paid by Visa via phone. I was told I would not miss any coverage. My agreement has a "lemon law" clause. It states that if I have 4 or more repairs, I am entitled to a replacement. I tried to invoke the lemon law clause, the sears rep verbally agreed to replace my washer. Several days later, another sears rep told me that a mistake had been made, (rep was wrong by telling me that I could have a replacement) and that now, I do not warrant a new machine. I was told that since my original agree had expired, the "new" extended agree would have to start all over again, and that I would now need 4 more repairs. Sears told me that my original, and still ongoing complaint with my washer were covered for 90 days from the first visit, but that my Master protection agreement was a separate issue? Do I have any recourse? My washer has not worked since July 2007. I pd over $1000 in 2002 Thank you!What is the name of your state?
    You made your complaint before the warranty expired , even if you only had 1 month to go .

So what , they couldn't repair it on 2 occasions .

You should have never had to get an additional warranty .

If they can't fix it then demand they replace it .

If they don't , make complaints to the BBB and your local Attorney Generals Office of Consumer Affairs .

Good luck .

Also make sure you get a warranty on it you paid for .