• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Season Ticket Scam

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Whitesox7203

Last June I contacted someone about buying season tickets for the past football season. Since the tickets had yet to be sent out, I paid the guy half of what they would cost me as a depost. We drew up a contract that stated the terms and had it notarized. I have a copy of the check as well as his state ID. After a few weeks he gave me some story saying the guy he got them from scammed him so i wouldnt be recieving my tickets. He kept saying I'd get a refund but nothing has come of it yet. Now he wont return my calls or anything.

I really have no idea where to start on this. Can i take him to small claims or get a collection agency? What is my best course of action with this?

Antigone*

Last June I contacted someone about buying season tickets for the past football season. Since the tickets had yet to be sent out, I paid the guy half of what they would cost me as a depost. We drew up a contract that stated the terms and had it notarized. I have a copy of the check as well as his state ID. After a few weeks he gave me some story saying the guy he got them from scammed him so i wouldnt be recieving my tickets. He kept saying I'd get a refund but nothing has come of it yet. Now he wont return my calls or anything.

I really have no idea where to start on this. Can i take him to small claims or get a collection agency? What is my best course of action with this?
US Law only

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">