• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

self service storage contracts

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

choca

I live in california and rented a storage container in oct. 1999, for an unlimited time at 90.00 dollars a month. I do have a signed contract. A few months ago the company was sold to a company in arizona, who claims that I am behind almost 2,000.00 dollars, because my rental fee is 195.00 a month. I attempted to clear this up with the new company, I sent them copies of the contract and of my canceled checks, but have been ignored, until yesterday when i received a letter from a collection agency. What can i do about this since the company is unwilling to comply with the contract?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Go on the "Offense" and sue them in Small Claims Court for anticipatory breach of contract. A good Offense is the best Defense. Make them explain their position to a judge.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">