• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Self-Storage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Gonzales

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?CA
I rented a self-storage unit where I had stored the entire contents of my 2 bedroom house. I let a friend store a few of his belongings in the unit. He drilled holes in the unit to put up shelves and I was evicted.

I asked for time to find a new storage facility and move my belongings. The manager of the storage facility would not allow me to retrieve my belongings and told me she was going to clear out my storage and throw the items away.

When I later phoned the facility, they had already disposed of my possessions. I lost everything I owned.

I need to hire an attorney to help me get compensation for my lost belongings. What area of law would cover losses from a self-storage rental situation? Who would I include in the lawsuit? What specialty of law should I look for when hiring an attorney? Can I ask for damages?

HomeGuru

Gonzales said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?CA
I rented a self-storage unit where I had stored the entire contents of my 2 bedroom house. I let a friend store a few of his belongings in the unit. He drilled holes in the unit to put up shelves and I was evicted.

I asked for time to find a new storage facility and move my belongings. The manager of the storage facility would not allow me to retrieve my belongings and told me she was going to clear out my storage and throw the items away.

When I later phoned the facility, they had already disposed of my possessions. I lost everything I owned.

I need to hire an attorney to help me get compensation for my lost belongings. What area of law would cover losses from a self-storage rental situation? Who would I include in the lawsuit? What specialty of law should I look for when hiring an attorney? Can I ask for damages?

**A: hire a consumer law at†orney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">