• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Seller Refuses to give title

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

spookycc

What is the name of your state? Indiana

I purchased a mobile home in 1998. Verbal contract for $10,000. In 2002, seller sent an "amortization schedule" totalling payments at $12,000. I informed seller I would only pay what we agreed upon. The mobile home is paid off ($10,000), but seller refuses to send me the title.

I am contemplating moving out of the trailer in September. Who is responsible for lot rent after I leave?

Thanks!

djohnson

spookycc said:
What is the name of your state? Indiana

I purchased a mobile home in 1998. Verbal contract for $10,000. In 2002, seller sent an "amortization schedule" totalling payments at $12,000. I informed seller I would only pay what we agreed upon. The mobile home is paid off ($10,000), but seller refuses to send me the title.

I am contemplating moving out of the trailer in September. Who is responsible for lot rent after I leave?

Thanks!

Did he owner finance? Is the difference interest or other fees? What does he say the difference is from? You are leaving out some vital information. What did the agreement you signed state as far as payment, interest, etc? As long as you are still the purchaser and you signed a lot lease then you would still be responsible for the lot payment.

S

spookycc

The owner is a former friend, and said he would sell me his mobile home for "$10,000, payable at $185 a month until it's paid off". That's verbatim. Two people heard him tell me this. No written contract was made.

The amortization schedule (created and sent 4 years after the verbal agreement) broke each month down into principal and interest, which I never agreed to pay, and the total due over the term was $12,000, not the $10,000 I agreed to pay.

On the trailer court lot rent contract, I stated I was renting with option to buy, listing the seller as the current owner of the trailer. This contract was signed May, 2002. Will I still be responsible for lot rent in that case, in your considered opinion?

Thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">