• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

selling mobile home by owner

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

parmbrust

What is the name of your state? ohio

what type of contract is required to sell a mobile home by owner?
is there a special sales agreement or a real estate sales contract?
the land is not included.
also is a closing required?

J

janene1242

I don't think there are any closing costs on a mobile home. It would be the same as selling a car since there is no property involved. If you don't want to go through an attorney to get the papers drawn, then just make sure you document everything yourself: date of sale, purchaser, amount received and what kind of payment (ie check, cash...) and make sure both of you sign it.

djohnson

This once again is not a legal answer just an opinion that could get you in trouble. Are you selling the land along with the home?

HomeGuru

djohnson said:
This once again is not a legal answer just an opinion that could get you in trouble. Are you selling the land along with the home?
**A: we went through this already in the real estate law forum. That is why I asked the writer to post on this forum.

djohnson

sorry,

I didn't do a search of the other posts and didn't recognize it. I guess it's done been answered.:D

the other poster was getting on my nerves with goofy answers to legal questions and I jumped in without searching.

HomeGuru

djohnson said:
sorry,

I didn't do a search of the other posts and didn't recognize it. I guess it's done been answered.:D

the other poster was getting on my nerves with goofy answers to legal questions and I jumped in without searching.
**A: no problem. Goofy answers to legal questions? Does that really happen on this website?

P

parmbrust

thanks for your help. i was able to talk to a real estate attorney who told me that i could draw up my own contract and that there would not be closing costs involved, and that the sale is treated like a vehicle sale with transfer of title not a deed, in case the quessstion ever comes up again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">