• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

service not agreed or signed for

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Z

zane19

What is the name of your state? California
I have been getting calls from my local newspaper, to sign up for their delivery service. I always told them no thanks. When I wasn't at home my wife picked up the phone. The newspaper agent asked if I was home, she said no. The ask if she was my wife, she responded yes. Then they asked for her first name and she gave it to them. That was about it. My wife never agreed to any service. We kept receiving newspapers. Finally we called and they said that we had to pay because we picked up the newspaper. Well duh!! I did pick it up to throw it in the recycling bin. What was I suppose to do, leave on my front so it can accumulate.
I would appreciate your help!!!!!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

zane19 said:
What is the name of your state? California
I have been getting calls from my local newspaper, to sign up for their delivery service. I always told them no thanks. When I wasn't at home my wife picked up the phone. The newspaper agent asked if I was home, she said no. The ask if she was my wife, she responded yes. Then they asked for her first name and she gave it to them. That was about it. My wife never agreed to any service. We kept receiving newspapers. Finally we called and they said that we had to pay because we picked up the newspaper. Well duh!! I did pick it up to throw it in the recycling bin. What was I suppose to do, leave on my front so it can accumulate.
I would appreciate your help!!!!!

My response:

How many newspapers did you eventually throw into the recycle bin?

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">