• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Service outside of contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fatcat22

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?hawaii

I recently recieved a service i believed to be in my contract and it turns out that the service was not in the contract. Are they able to charge me for providing a service outside of my contract?

This is the scenario. I travel quite frequently around the pacific. I use my cell phone as a back up alarm. While in Guam my cell phone began to ring. I was under the impression that my coverage did not cover Guam. But my phone rang and i answered it. My contract does not include international calls. Guam is a direct dial from the United States (not international) so i figured why not, I guess my phone could be in coverage here. Well I check my bill and the charges for the calls i recieved in Guam are billed as normal calls (and labeled extended mobile to mobile) I paid the bills and what not. Then two months later i recieve an adjusted bill saying that the calls in guam were International roaming. I called them to ask about it, they said their systems do that sometimes. Even though you are not supposed to have service there, it just works. So are they able to charge me for the international service when they are not contractually obligated to provide that service to me? Thank you for your help

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">