• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Severe allergic reaction!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

derrick1956

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

New Mexico

My daughter bought this stuff from a headshop that made her very sick, I need to find out what that stuff is. Is there a legal way to approach the owner about it? I would really appreciate some help.

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

New Mexico

My daughter bought this stuff from a headshop that made her very sick, I need to find out what that stuff is. Is there a legal way to approach the owner about it? I would really appreciate some help.
What kind of "stuff" did she buy from the headshop? What did your daughter tell you she bought? Did you take the balance of the stuff with you when you took your daughter to the doctor?

derrick1956

The stuff is something you are supposed to smoke, and it is sold as such. its supposed to be a legal way to get high. its called frazzled. The owner apparently makes it right there. I didnt take any to the doctor because there was none left, she smoked it with her friends but shes the only one who got sick. She had rashes and hives, and diarhea after smoking it.

Antigone*

The stuff is something you are supposed to smoke, and it is sold as such. its supposed to be a legal way to get high. its called frazzled. The owner apparently makes it right there. I didnt take any to the doctor because there was none left, she smoked it with her friends but shes the only one who got sick. She had rashes and hives, and diarhea after smoking it.
How old is your daughter?

My suggestion is that you speak to your daughter about what type of drugs she injests into her body. If the substance is legal, then you should not approach the owner ~ they've done nothing wrong.

Yours seems to be a parenting issue and not a legal issue.

derrick1956

look i just need to figure out what it is she took, so she never takes it again. and you actually think i would let her take it, her friends woke me up in the middle of the night and told me what was happening to her, i didnt know if she was going to be ok or not.

Antigone*

look i just need to figure out what it is she took, so she never takes it again. and you actually think i would let her take it, her friends woke me up in the middle of the night and told me what was happening to her, i didnt know if she was going to be ok or not.
That would be a discussion that you need to have with your daughter. Obviously she has a problem and believes getting high is the way to go. You don't need an attorney. You need a drug counsellor for your kid.

La-a

look i just need to figure out what it is she took,
How can we help with that??

derrick1956 said:
so she never takes it again.
How can we help with that??

derrick1956 said:
and you actually think i would let her take it,
Who said that??

derrick1956 said:
her friends woke me up in the middle of the night and told me what was happening to her, i didnt know if she was going to be ok or not.
How old is she?

derrick1956

she is 17, i dont want to sue the owner i just want to know whats in that stuff. well maybe that would take an attorney, i dont know

Antigone*

she is 17, i dont want to sue the owner i just want to know whats in that stuff. well maybe that would take an attorney, i dont know
You've got to look at the root cause. The root cause is not the owner of the head shop. The root cause is your daughter. Why are you letting your child and her friends smoke in your home?

Hot Topic

So if your daughter getting sick on what she smoked came as such as surprise to you, how did you know that it's supposed to be a a legal way to get high and that the owner "apparently" makes it "right there?" You mean instead of calling the owner, you paused to interrogate her friends?

A normal mother would have called an ambulance and let the facilities there come up with a determination of what the ingredients were.

Hopefully, CPS will get wind of your parental neglect and act accordingly. You're a moron.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Folks - I don't think our OP "let" this happen. I get the impression that the OP has dealt with the immediate safety concerns relating to the daughter and is now trying to gather more information. I don't think it's fair to jump down OP's throat in this instance...

Antigone*

Folks - I don't think our OP "let" this happen. I get the impression that the OP has dealt with the immediate safety concerns relating to the daughter and is now trying to gather more information. I don't think it's fair to jump down OP's throat in this instance...
I agree that the OP handled the initial safety concern. However, the OP's focus is on the headshop. The OP's concern should be his underage daughter smoking unknown substances in his home behind his back.

Thank God the kids had the presence of mind to get dad when something wen wrong. I know someone who was too scared to get in trouble and did nothing. Guess what, kid didn't make it.

cyjeff

OP, here is what I would do. The shop certainly doesn't want the authorities sniffing around (literally). You call them and say, "my minor daughter got sick from your little concoction. You can either give me the exact ingredient list and the proportions of those ingredients in whatever it is my minor daughter smoked or you will get to give them to the cops. I also want a large free sample to have analyzed if my minor daughter's doctors require it. You have 30 seconds starting about 25 seconds ago."

Better, do it in person. Have your cell phone in your hand and show the nice head person that you have already dialed 9 and 1. Be loud enough where all of the nice customers will scramble for the door like lemmings over a cliff.

Don't take no for an answer. If they start with "that dude isn't here", you say "Oh, so the only way he will come in is to talk to the nice officers? Okay, I am good with that." If they say they don't give samples, say, "consider it an investment in your long term business plan."

And then call the police anyway. Yup... you gotta. If they are mixing stuff that makes people sick, you have a responsibility to do so.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">