• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Shady Tow Company

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JenSki0617

I am in the state of Connecticut. I am having trouble with a tow company and want to know the in's and out's of the law concerning this. My friend who is deployed had a car towed and sent me the money to pick it up. I went up to the lot and the owner told me that the bill was well over $1000, although he told my friend $930 and it was only $3 a day and was there about 2 1/2 months. First shady thing right there. The I say I only have $1000, he says he will take it and in cash. Second shady thing. I give him the money and in return get a handwritten, generic receipt, yep, number 3. After I give him the keys to the car to have him start it and get it for me, he tells me he moved it from the lot to his house to make room for other cars, although my friend was still responsible for this debt. (shady thing number 4 ) So, I expect him to go get the car, but instead he tells me he will have to deliver it to me within the next day or two and can't do it then. mind you this is after he has the money and keys to a mustang) My questions are as follows:
In the state of CT, does this company have to have a price list available to look at upon request?
Can this man legally move this car to his personal home when my friend is paying for this? Are there insurance issues that revolve around this?
Since he now has $1000 of my friend's money in his pocket and I arrived during normal business hours and it is not my fault he moved the car without telling anyone, shouldn't I be entitled to pick up that car when I want?
If anything is wrong with the car, when and if I get it, what can I do and if he doesn't deliver it in a timely fashion, what can I do? Could someone please help me answer these questions keeping in mind that it is my friend's car who is currently deployed in the Navy and not to return for another 3 months? Please help!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">