• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Shafted by Sprint

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R J Greenwood

What is the name of your state? Florida

I had a contract with sprint for 3 cell phones. The contact one of them had expired so, I called to cancel the phone. I didn't realize that the phone was the one with the main plan attached. They allowed me to do that and the next bill was not correct. They didn't charge me enough money. I tried to call and get it fixed. Their response was to penalize me by talking about some unacceptable changes that would have to made to my contract. I was unhappy about that so, I cancelled my service with them. Now, they want to charge me forty cents a minute for all the minutes used that were not under a plan. I don't believe their computer system should have allowed them to cancel the phone with the "plan" on it and that their software application should have forced them to move the plan to another phone. As of today, they are trying to say that they offered me all the same services I had, but the only change would have been to renew my contract for 2 years from the day of the conversation. That was and still is unacceptable to me. I was already 6 months into the new 2 year contract and extremely unhappy with their service so, the question is, Is there any legal action I can take against them for what I believe to be a violation of our contract. My contract called for me to have a plan for 1500 minutes $80.00 a month with two add on phones. When their system allowed the phone to be cancelled, the plan went away, and I was not informed that is when they messed me up. Is there any hope??

Crispix

What you do is you go to your nearest Sprint store, find the nicesest, happiest sales rep there, and be REALLY NICE to him or her. Explain your story and ask for help getting it fixed. Don't get angry, just be super friendly.

If you don't get the answer you need, try another Sprint store. They have some leeway in issuing credits. The service reps on the phone generally don't care.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">