• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Shareholder Communications

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SMCD2015

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

I have common stock shares in a medium sized company in the US. I purchased the stocks directly from the company in 2007 and at first everything was great, they sent out regular communications to all shareholders and we even got some small dividend checks and product samples. Then the company ran into trouble, had a reorg and ceased communication. The company is still in business, still has the same owners and I'm certain they don't operate at a loss every year. I haven't had any updates or any shareholder communication of any kind in about 3-4 years now.

My question is what should I reasonably expect from this investment? Don't they legally have to share financial information or updates on a regular basis? If they are not doing this, what should I do?

Thank you,
Sherry

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">